Not only is it Breast Cancer Awareness Month (which has prompted the Bengals Chad Ochocinco/Johnson to break out some impressive pink shoes), it’s also Domestic Violence Awareness Month (see the DOJ’s release on it, as well as the White House’s release). And also, apparently, National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
This makes me wonder, though: what other things do we get to celebrate this month (besides Columbus Day and Halloween)? Well, quite a lot, it turns out (according to Wikipedia, which has gotten much better over the years, but still, you know, grain of salt):
- Filipino American History Month;
- National Arts & Humanities Month;
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) History Month;
- Celiac Sprue Awareness Month;
- National Dental Hygiene Month; and
- American Pharmacist Month
Just to name a few. So, with so many things to celebrate, you better get out there and have a good time!